Do you crave pancakes but don’t want to lost out on important nutrients that you should be having at breakfast time? Don't stress, these delicious pumpkin pancakes will satisfy your sweet tooth while also giving you all the nutrients you need to kick start your day in a healthy way!
2 cups wholemeal flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups almond or rice milk
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1. Mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the honey, vanilla, milk, coconut oil, eggs and pumpkin puree.
3. Combine the wet and dry ingredients together gently using a whisk.
4. Heat a pan on medium-high. Add a small amount of coconut oil and allow to melt. Pour a small ladle's worth of the mixture onto the pan and allow to cook until bubbles form on the surface. Flip and cook for a further few minutes or until the pancakes are cooked through.
5. Repeat with the remaining mixture. Serve with pecans and 100% maple syrup.
Stay clear, Xo